Most people know that eating fruits and vegetables is important for good health, but most of us still aren’t getting enough. This September, Manahawkin Urgent Care is proud to participate in Fruits & Veggies – More Matters Month.
Eating a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and fruits can help you:
- Lower your risk for heart disease and some types of cancer
- Maintain or reach a healthy weight
- Keep your body strong and active
Here are some ideas to help you and your family fit more fruits and vegetables into your day:
- Keep a bowl of fruit handy where the whole family can see it.
- Cut up fruits and veggies ahead of time so they’re ready for quick, healthy snacks.
- Challenge your family to try a new veggie or fruit every week.
Remember, eating more fruits and veggies can be fun – and it’s worth it!
- Take the family to a local U-Pick Farm to get all ages involved
- See how many "colors" you can incorporate into one meal
For more information, visit http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/